cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Dropbox files to JobNimbus

Moving Dropbox files to JobNimbus

New member | Level 2

I have a Dropbox folder with scanned images (receipts, invoices, estimates, etc) that I rename while still in Dropbox. After renaming them I want to move those files to particular accounts in JobNimbus.

I wanted to be able to just select several documents at a time to move them to a particular file and not one at a time. I can't even move them one at a time for some reason.

Is there a right way or better way to do this? Some kind of integration. 

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Moving Dropbox files to JobNimbus

Dropboxer

Of course you can @rh57 !

Just follow the steps outlined in this Help Center article: 

https:confused face:/help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/settings-sign-in/unlink-relink-computer-mobile

On the desktop app specifically, you'll need to follow these steps:

1) Right-click the Dropbox icon in the system tray, or menu bar, by the clock
2) Click on your profile picture or initials to the right of the search bar and select 'Preferences' > 'Account'
3) Click the 'Unlink' button
4) Afterward, Dropbox will prompt you to re-register. Quit!

Note that the Dropbox folder itself is still there. If you relink to a different Dropbox account, the application will detect that another Dropbox folder already exists on the computer, and will give you two options: 'Choose Another Location' or 'Install'.

If you want your new Dropbox folder to be in a location different than your existing folder, click on 'Choose Another Location'.

If you want your new Dropbox folder to be in the same location as your existing one, click on 'Install'. This will rename the existing Dropbox folder to 'Dropbox (Old)' and will create a new Dropbox folder for the account you’re currently linking.

I hope this information helps and please keep us posted on your progress!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Super User II

How, exactly, are you moving them to JobNimbus? Does JobNimbus have integration with Dropbox? Is it just a folder in your Dropbox?

I'm assuming this is being done on a mobile device. You can easily select multiple files and move them to a new folder or export them from Dropbox, but we'll need to know the steps you're taking and the results you're expecting before we'll know how to best assist you.

New member | Level 2

I have had a personal Dropbox account for awhile that is synced to my computer. On my desktop I have the Dropbox icon, and it is linked to my personal account. I see in preferences where I can unlink it but then not sure how to link up to the new Dropbox account that  I opened today.

I have the new Dropbox account to help a friend rename files and I have been doing that today. Now I want to copy those renamed files to JobNimbus, but the only thing I have seen is Zapier to integrate Dropbox with JobNimbus. I have searched JobNimbus for Dropbox and there is nothing there that I can see.

Can I unlink my personal Dropbox acct and link it to the new Dropbox acct where the business files are and then from there either export or copy and paste?

Dropboxer

Of course you can @rh57 !

Just follow the steps outlined in this Help Center article: 

https:confused face:/help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/settings-sign-in/unlink-relink-computer-mobile

On the desktop app specifically, you'll need to follow these steps:

1) Right-click the Dropbox icon in the system tray, or menu bar, by the clock
2) Click on your profile picture or initials to the right of the search bar and select 'Preferences' > 'Account'
3) Click the 'Unlink' button
4) Afterward, Dropbox will prompt you to re-register. Quit!

Note that the Dropbox folder itself is still there. If you relink to a different Dropbox account, the application will detect that another Dropbox folder already exists on the computer, and will give you two options: 'Choose Another Location' or 'Install'.

If you want your new Dropbox folder to be in a location different than your existing folder, click on 'Choose Another Location'.

If you want your new Dropbox folder to be in the same location as your existing one, click on 'Install'. This will rename the existing Dropbox folder to 'Dropbox (Old)' and will create a new Dropbox folder for the account you’re currently linking.

I hope this information helps and please keep us posted on your progress!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2
Thank you Walter for the clarification and steps. It works. I have the new acct synced.
Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?