cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Dropbox folder

Moving Dropbox folder

AA2010
New member | Level 2

Hello - I have successfully used the script in this article https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/move-dropbox-folder  to change the permissions so that I can move my Dropbox folder into the "users" folder. It doesn't seem to work now - when I run it in Terminal it says "no such file or directory" after I paste in the first line. Does anyone know if this script is still current? I am operating Big Sur on a Mac. Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Re: Moving Dropbox folder

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @AA2010, welcome aboard our Community!

Can you please clarify which steps you're following when you get to this error message?

And if you go to the Sync tab in the Dropbox application preferences, do you see the location of the Dropbox folder to be in the "users" folder?

Let me know what you find!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?