cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Dropbox to D: drive from C: (where my OS is)

Moving Dropbox to D: drive from C: (where my OS is)

Raomanasi
New member | Level 2

I'm running out of space on my OS C: drive and want to move all my Dropbox folders to my Data 😧 

I see people have done this by going to preferences and sync, but this guide (Notes Before You Get Started https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/move-dropbox-folder says the following: If you decide to move the folder, choose a location on the same hard drive as your operating system.

Am I taking a risk by moving my Dropbox folder to Data 😧

1 Reply 1

Re: Moving Dropbox to D: drive from C: (where my OS is)

Rich
Super User II

@Raomanasi wrote:

If you decide to move the folder, choose a location on the same hard drive as your operating system.

You can move Dropbox to another drive, but it should be an internal, always connected drive. Avoid external drives. While it's possible to move the Dropbox folder to an external drive, data loss can occur under the right conditions.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?