cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Moving files from Google drive to Dropbox

Moving files from Google drive to Dropbox

Fiona D.4
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have a folder of .jpg and .mov files in a shared Google drive folder, which I want to move to a folder in Dropbox. Can I do this without having to download them from Google drive onto my Mac and then upload into Dropbox? Can I just transfer them from one to the other? Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Can I just transfer them from one to the other?

There are third-party services that can do this for you. One such service is mover.io. There are likely others out there as well.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Can I just transfer them from one to the other?

There are third-party services that can do this for you. One such service is mover.io. There are likely others out there as well.

Fiona D.4
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thank you Rich R. 🙂

Christian H.5
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

If you have an Android device you can do this using X-Plore file manager, by LonelyCatGames.com. X-Plore uses the API of the two clouds to act as intermediate client. You login on both Drive and Dropbox and you copy the folder from one pane to the other. True, the data goes via your device (wifi recommended), but at least you only give one copy command and then wait for its completion.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Need more support?