cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to another account on desktop app

Moving to another account on desktop app

JH65
New member | Level 2

I have an old free personal account set up on one pc.  I now have a professional account which I used through dropbox.com so far but want to use the desktop app for this so I can use sync.  I don't need to retain the old account,  but I can't seem to figure out how to login to the app using the new account.  I can only seem to log out but when I reopen dropbox is automatically logs me in as the old user.  I even deleted and reinstalled the app but still have the same problem.  I am guessing this is because of the dropbox within windows explorer.  Any help would be appreciated.  This is probably a simple task, but finding out how to do it is not simple!

In case it is relevant I am using windows 10 and chrome as a brower for dropbox.com

1 Reply 1

Re: Moving to another account on desktop app

Rich
Super User II

@JH65 wrote:

I even deleted and reinstalled the app but still have the same problem.

Did you delete (or just rename) the existing Dropbox folder after you uninstalled? If so and it's still signing in to your old account, you'll want to do an advanced reinstall.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?