cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music files auto backup

Highlighted

Music files auto backup

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am a dj so basically I move a lot of files on a daily basis, whether it be adding new music or taking out old music. Is there a way, like an auto setting that I can use that whenever I add to my music folders I can synce them with my dropbox and it automotically mimics my music folder or is this something I would have to do manually. I usually backup my folders manually to dropbox on a montly basis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Music files auto backup

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @djstorm, thanks for posting your question on the Dropbox Community. 

In general, anything you place into your Dropbox folder syncs to your Dropbox account, and anything outside of it doesn't. 

You can have a look at using symlinks, but it's recommended even then to have the original data inside your Dropbox folder. 

I understand that this may not be the ideal reply you were looking for, but you can propose this as a feature you'd like to see in the future, here, where other like-minded users can comment and upvote. 

Let me know if you have any other questions, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Music files auto backup

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @djstorm, thanks for posting your question on the Dropbox Community. 

In general, anything you place into your Dropbox folder syncs to your Dropbox account, and anything outside of it doesn't. 

You can have a look at using symlinks, but it's recommended even then to have the original data inside your Dropbox folder. 

I understand that this may not be the ideal reply you were looking for, but you can propose this as a feature you'd like to see in the future, here, where other like-minded users can comment and upvote. 

Let me know if you have any other questions, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?