cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Dropbox desktop app is stuck on "Connecting".

My Dropbox desktop app is stuck on "Connecting".

Rodney E.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Dropbox won't connect on my pc with windows 7.
I've re-installed, rebooted and tried: https://help.dropbox.com/desktop-web/configuring-firewall
Most of the preferences buttons are disabled; selective sync, unlink dropbox (says it's not even linked to an account).
Works fine online. I'm paying monthly for this service but it's not working.

44 Replies 44

Pum W.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This is a serious issue. This workaround only 'solves' half the problem. When I do some work at home and try to continue elsewhere only to find my home PC (iMac) stopped syncing, I can't fix a thing and waste time. Third time this week, and soon becoming a show stopper.

Malcolm H.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Since installing iOS 9.3.2 uploading to DB seems to have become a problem. Upload starts and then freezes, which is followed shortly with a message advising that the server cannot be found or that I am not connected to the Internet. I'm not having the problem saving the file/s to Google Drive so I'm at a bit of a loss with what's going on, is anyone else seeing the issue?

I have just checked this out on my Win 7 PC and the same problem presents there too.

Paul K.58
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

same deal... iOS app and Mac desktop app are not syncing.  when I click on icon the web option isn't available and it just keeps saying dropbox is syncing.......

Paul K.58
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've gone thru the syncing process a few times where I scan the icon on my laptop and its supposed to sync but it's a no go.... help

Paul M.72
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I cannot connect - the message on clicking the dropbox icon is connecting but it never does - just a loop of wasting time and getting very frustrated...I will try some of the suggestions in this forum but I do feel that I am wasting my time with something that should be easy!

RJ P.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

David S.'s solution worked for me, as did, I found, other kinds of changes, such as a change in selective sync options, which kicks Dropbox into action. However, those who point out that these fixes are temporary are right, too. Something's causing the problem to recur, and not even with a restart, which is a pain and makes syncing hardly "automatic." (Incidentally, while I know others are having the issue on Win 7 machines, I'm having this problem only on my Win 8 machine and on none of my Win 7 machines, fwiw.)

Tangguh J.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

i have same issue on my osx yosemite, dropbox keep connecting for infinite of time no way i can't pause or stop syncing because there are no such option when i click "gear" icon:

arina m.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have a problem with my dropbox its not connecting and won't synchronize with my phone.

Denise m.11
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

same issue here although it says this computer is not linked to an account.??

i unlinked then to relink now my computer is not even showing in device in settings.

please help.

Ken A.11
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same problem after upgrading to Win10 and then going back to Win7..It was working and now is not.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

letters-of-light New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Ed568 New member | Level 2
    Simon M.35 New member | Level 1
    Frederik L. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?