cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Dropbox mobile app keeps on crashing

My Dropbox mobile app keeps on crashing

alhp11
New member | Level 2

my android dropbox app just suddenly started crashing constantly 2 days ago. tried to delete its data and cache. uninstalled and reinstalled but no luck. then tried it on an old phone i keep spare and had same issue!.

easy to replicate just open the photos seciton and scroll down.. after a page or two it crashes every time.

could it be a corrupt image somwhere in my dropbox folders ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: dropbox android constantly crashing

alhp11
New member | Level 2

hi, i managed to trace the crash to a certain image on my phone. so a .jpg was able to cause the app to crash untill i removed it...

my phone (s9+) and the app are both fully updated on app and OS.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @alhp11!

My initial thought on this was that maybe your device’s OS is pending an update. Could that be the case? 

If it’s not, could you please check if you’re running the latest mobile version of your Dropbox app? This version may contain fixes relevant to your issue.

Please let me know if the issue persists nonetheless and I’ll make sure to get back to you. Cheers! :grinning:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

alhp11
New member | Level 2

hi, i managed to trace the crash to a certain image on my phone. so a .jpg was able to cause the app to crash untill i removed it...

my phone (s9+) and the app are both fully updated on app and OS.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concern in the end, @alhp11!

If you have any other questions in the future, don’t hesitate to give us a shout. :wink: In the mean time, have a wonderful day ahead! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

aabadalma
New member | Level 2

Hi, i have the same problem, I can open the mobile app, three days ago the app started to crashed over and over again even when i don´t use that, appears a text that informed the app is crashing, i decide to eliminate information from my dropbox or from my mobile phone, uninstall, and reinstall, i ddidn't have succes to access from my mobile phone, I  am desperate 

Lusil
Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that, @aabadalma

Could you please send me a screenshot of the error message that you see (omitting personal info)? Also, some additional info would be greatly appreciated, such as, does the mobile app crash for you when carrying out a specific action? Also, does this occur when you’re connected to Wi-Fi or data usage? 

Thanks in advance!

This thread is closed due to inactivity. Please feel free to create a new topic here. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    aabadalma New member | Level 2
    alhp11 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?