cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account deleted all files

My account deleted all files

Alice S.10
New member | Level 1

I just logged on, and apparently yesterday at 9:55 something or someone deleted all my filed and folders. While it was possible to restore a lot of files, all my folders, which I have shared, it said I 'removed my access' to them, even though they were the folders that I made. This has 2 years of uni data on it and it would be a disaster if they are deleted!

Is there any way to rejoin my own folders again?

7 Replies 7

Re: My account deleted all files

Penny B.2
New member | Level 1

The same thing has happened to me but I see there has been no reply to this query

Dawn F.4
New member | Level 1

Same thing happened to me.  All of my folders are here, but all my files are gone!

maaja
New member | Level 2

I have the same problem. I used the dropbox-app on my iPhone, then added a new laptop (mac) and a minute later I (or, well, something) removed my own access to my folders. Does anyone have a fix yet? Gonna go hunt for mine elsewhere for now...

Below is what happened. I am not aware of doing any of the things after linking my computer to the account, nor did I get any e-mail notification about it.

https://s30.postimg.org/rjam3msa9/dropbox_screenie.png

Mark
Super User II
maaja - give Dropbox time to finish its sync, you should all access back. That happens when you move files/folders around. If you do anything now you WONT get them back. Give it time.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

maaja
New member | Level 2

Mark, thanks for your answer! Problem is, it looks like there is nothing to sync. Everything looks kinda empty, and I know I did not move or delete stuff. I did have some trouble with permissions for accounts on my mac though, maybe that borked things...

Mark
Super User II
Dont do anything until it gets to a green tick on your account.

If you find everything HAS deleted (i.e. the location of the Dropbox folder has changed) follow www.dropbox.com/help/296

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

maaja
New member | Level 2

I hadn't thought of looking into the "sharing" folder, now I looked into it and found the shared folders. So, that's good, got them synced. Seems like some files are still missing, but for me that's ok, I have them backed up somewhere. Still, this is a bit weird, all this. Can't say I understood at all what even happened :grinning:

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

maaja New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?