cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My camera uploads have stopped as my account reports to be out of space. Any clues?

My camera uploads have stopped as my account reports to be out of space. Any clues?

donnaf6
Helpful | Level 5

I get the message Camera uploads have stopped.  You don't have enough space to continue.  I only have 25 pictures in the program

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: No space

donnaf6
Helpful | Level 5

i didn't have the icon you referred to so i uninstalled and then reinstalled the app and now it seems to   be ok

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @donnaf6; welcome to our Community!

Could you clarify if you're getting this message on a computer running the desktop app or the mobile app perhaps?

While we're at it, what is your account's plan tab reporting in regards to your quota? 

Last but not least, a screenshot of the exact error you get would also help so feel free to include it in your next response. 

Keep me posted Donna! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

donnaf6
Helpful | Level 5

1.  I have the free 5g personal account

2.  I am using my Iphone to upload from camera photos

3.  I will attach a photo of the error.  It is at the top of the screen shotunnamed.png

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the quick reply Donna!

Can you please let me know approximately how many photos are you trying to upload and their size?

Could you perhaps try uploading them manually via the (+) button and let me know if you still get an error?

Any additional information is more than welcome! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

donnaf6
Helpful | Level 5

They average about 2 mb.  In the past all pictures that I took with my phone would automatically go to dropbox and then i would click o the photo button and they would upload.  Now I always get the message of not enough space.  It gets annoying.  I only have about 25 pictures in the program and in the past always had about 100 or more.  I have removed 1 of the shares but that hasn't helped

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information Donna!

Can you try clearing the app's cache and checking if you have enough space on your mobile device as well? 

If you have the desktop app installed on a computer of yours, could you try uploading those files from there?

To clear your cache, please follow the steps listed below:
1. Navigate to the “Personal” tab
2. Tap the gear icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
3. Select “Clear Cache”

Once this is done then please ensure you log out of the Dropbox application, then restart your device and log back in again.

Keep me posted! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

donnaf6
Helpful | Level 5

i didn't have the icon you referred to so i uninstalled and then reinstalled the app and now it seems to   be ok

View solution in original post

Walter
Dropboxer

Glad to hear it's sorted now Donna; thanks for keeping me in the loop as well!

If you ever come up with a Dropbox question, you know where to find us 😉

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?