cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My desktop app has changed language, can you help me change it back?

My desktop app has changed language, can you help me change it back?

NOTchinese
New member | Level 2

When I open the dropbox app on desktop, it's mostly in Chinese.  The helps i've seen seem to expect I can interpret it to find like "Preferences" but like I said I don't know how to write or read  "Preferences" in Chinese. Help?

4 Replies 4

Re: I don't read Chinese

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @NOTchinese , thanks for joining the Community!

It sounds like you language settings on the site have changed. You can amend the language settings by going here, and then clicking the following blue text:

language.png

In the desktop app, you can do the same using these steps:

new1.pngnew2.png

Hope this helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

NOTchinese
New member | Level 2

Thanks Jay for your reply.  No this does not help.  I will not go to some unknown URL that's in a foreign language and click on a random spot based on the advice of some unknown person in a "Community" chat room.  I believe that kind of action is unwise.  I mean no offense to you.  The problem with the Dropbox product.  I should be able to correct this condition in a straightforward way.  Dropbox has allowed this to occur. (I accept that I may have thumb bumped a button that created this situation but how it happened is not important.) Dropbox knows I registered in English.  There should be a button on my app that says "get me back to English" IN ENGLISH even if I sometimes decide to use Swahili or whatever for a while.

Jay
Dropboxer

As you can see by my profile, I am a Dropboxer and a moderator, and not an ‘unknown person in the Community’. If you believe that the URL I provided, https://www.dropbox.com/account, is an ‘unknown URL’ then I’m not sure how else I can assist on this matter.

As you changed the language yourself, regardless if it was an accident or not, this was changed by you, the user, and not Dropbox.

The steps I provided previously will get you back to English. There isn’t another method to do so.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

kcb123
New member | Level 2

I have the same problem as NOTchinese. On my 13 inch MacBook, my Dropbox is just fine. On my new 15 inch, it is all in Chinese (or a similar language). I cannot read anything, and I cannot enter. And I continually recieve the second screen shot when trying to manouver into my account. The Dropbox app is nowhere to be found on the 15. Everytime I try to go to Dropbox to put it on, I get it in Chinese. Can you help?Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 9.42.45 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-05 at 8.51.10 AM.jpg

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

kcb123 New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropboxer
    NOTchinese New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?