cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox stuck on syncing..

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Yes!

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

How was this solved, I am having the same issue and it is syncing 700000 files.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear about this @DanMcKie.

As this Help Center article (https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/space-storage/file-storage-limit) mentions, the performance of the Dropbox desktop app can decline if you have more than 300,000 files synced to your computer. This is a soft limit and depends highly on the hardware specifications of the computer running the app. 

Since you have a lot of files stored in Dropbox and you'd like to improve the performance of your computer, you can use selective sync to select only certain files to sync to your computer while you'll still be able to access all of your files from dropbox.com or other devices linked to your account.

Let me know how it goes!

PS:This limit is related to the number of files, not to their size. Dropbox accounts with a large number of files may take longer to sync. A delay in syncing or a prolonged sync is not necessarily a sign of a problem. Adjusting your bandwidth settings may increase your sync speed.

This thread is closed due to inactivity. Please feel free to create a new topic here. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?