cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox stuck on syncing..

My desktop app is stuck on syncing constantly

kaspars_silins
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I actualy tired about bad dropbox mac desctop app performance...

I'm pro user alredy more than two years... And last week my dropbox app stoped working..

Yesterday app stuck on syncing 386 files for all day..

Today app stuck on 1 file and overload my CPU!!!!!!!

And this is not first time.. A have big amount of files in my account, about 300gb and more than 200000 files.. and I don't want to resync all my files agan.. Last time it took me more than 3 days... 
And this CPU usage.. it's not normal!!!!

App version: v68.4.102
Macbook Pro 15" i7, 16gb ram, Mojove latest version..

If you not fix this issus, i will cancel my subscription and migrate to google drive..

I can't work this anymore!!!

12 Replies 12

kaspars_silins
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yes!

DanMcKie
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How was this solved, I am having the same issue and it is syncing 700000 files.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear about this @DanMcKie.

As this Help Center article (https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/space-storage/file-storage-limit) mentions, the performance of the Dropbox desktop app can decline if you have more than 300,000 files synced to your computer. This is a soft limit and depends highly on the hardware specifications of the computer running the app. 

Since you have a lot of files stored in Dropbox and you'd like to improve the performance of your computer, you can use selective sync to select only certain files to sync to your computer while you'll still be able to access all of your files from dropbox.com or other devices linked to your account.

Let me know how it goes!

PS:This limit is related to the number of files, not to their size. Dropbox accounts with a large number of files may take longer to sync. A delay in syncing or a prolonged sync is not necessarily a sign of a problem. Adjusting your bandwidth settings may increase your sync speed.

This thread is closed due to inactivity. Please feel free to create a new topic here. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?