cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My desktop app isn't syncing right. Any clues?

My desktop app isn't syncing right. Any clues?

Apeman
New member | Level 2

Hallo, 

Im struggling to move my dropbox from 1 x Pc to my Laptop.

I have downloaded the app for my Windows 10 HP Laptop. But when i sign in, it shows i worked on my files 5 days back, but i actually worked on it just yesterday, and if you log in to other PC it also shows yesterdays date...

What must i do?? 

I did have a buinsess account which i tried out, but did not need it so, went back to the normal person account, and since then

Any help please

2 Replies 2

Re: Doprbox not Syncing right

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @Apeman; happy March and thanks for posting your first question on our Community!

I'm not really sure what's happening there, can you please forward me the app's status from both computers as shown within your system tray/menu bar so I can have a visual of the matter too?

While we're at it, if you could post a screenshot of where you spotted the discrepancy you mentioned, I'd appreciate it so I can further advise. 

Thanks! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Doprbox not Syncing right

Kas22
New member | Level 2

Hi @Apeman,

I'm not sure if this may help, but have you tried deleting the desktop app from your PC and syncing again from your laptop. Alternatively, delete both apps and do a fresh install on your laptop.

Sometimes it could be a connectivity issue where both apps conflict, depending if they're used at simultaneous times, with there being a bit of a time lag.

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on and if it resolves the issue.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?