cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My dropbox is stuck on sync.

My dropbox is stuck on sync.

EdC30
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

My Dropbox has been stuck syncing the exact same number of files for several days. There is no problem with my Internet connection and I have tried quitting/restarting/unlinking the app many times. What is showing on the Dropbox website is correct but what is showing on the app/on my computer is out of date. I use it every day for work and am desperate to fix the problem ASAP.

48 Replies 48

FabianaSA
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Lusil, I still with the problem! 

Sync is not finalizinhg and all the folders I open in m ycomputer gets with the blue sync symbol. I am not able to upload os save files that I open.

Any idea to help me?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for letting us know how you worked around that, @tpfruss! Glad to hear that the desktop app's running as per normal. 

@morisf, thanks for checking in with us on the Community! 

You can see which files haven't completed syncing yet from the blue syncing icon :arrows_counterclockwise: that should be next or on your files. 

However, since you mention that you're running the latest beta version of the desktop app (84.3.160), could you try reinstalling to the current stable version (83.4.152) instead?

@FabianaSA, sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with this. 

Could you please let me know if you have an ongoing ticket with a member of my team by any chance?

Keep me posted on your progress, peeps!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Not applicable
Go to solution

I seem to have the same issue as above.   Dropbox App of Windows 10..    Just seemed to resart the application on it own.  And went into a  Re-sync of all files..    

I am Dropbox Business and have lots of files, so seems to be stuck..

Have not seen this occur before..

Pleae advise on any solutions. 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi anonymous, 

If you recently relinked your Dropbox folder to your account, it'll just need some time to reindex for any changes that may have occurred while it was offline. 

If you find that it's taking a long time though, let me know and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. 

Thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

AGHS
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello! 

I'm having the same issue as the rest of the group in this post. I have restarted/unlinked and relinked, etc with no avail.  I have also attempted to find the files that are getting stuck in the syncing process.  Everytime I restart or unlink my account though the number of files to be synced changes.  I started out at 673, jumped to 25,000, dropped down to 2,400 and now I've been sitting at 8,800 for the better part of today.  I'm on a mac and have the latest stable version of dropbox.  

Please advise when you can as this has been an issue for the better part of a week now.

Thank you!

FabianaSA
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi I do not have a ticket! I spoke with someone from the twitter but not gave em a ticket

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @AGHS, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

In general, syncing your files can take time if they are many or large. When Dropbox syncs the files it starts with all of the folders, then uploads files from smallest to largest.

For this reason, please don't delete them from the Dropbox folder if the files haven't finished syncing and give them some time.

If you find that there's no change or improvement with the syncing process, don't hesitate to give me a nudge and I'll make sure to get back to you. 

Also, @FabianaSA, I've followed up with a ticket to the email address connected to your Community profile so as to have a better look into this.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

morisf
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I can't see the blue syncing icon next to my files for days already.  There is always a notification asking me to reinstall to fix all icons.  I tried once before (when my files are still syncing successfully) but it still disappeared.  I just let it.  And so, I cannot see which files are having problems with syncing.

I just tried to download 83.4.152 (offline installer) but turns out it is automatically updated to 84.3.160...  Problem still exists and I feel so frustrated...

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for letting me know, @morisf

If you're using the beta version and you want to try running the stable one, you'll have to first uncheck the Include me in early releases option from your online settings:

1. Log in to the website.
  2. Click on you account avatar at the top right corner of the page.
  3. Go to Settings.
  4. From the General tab, scroll down to the section titled Preferences and uncheck the box next to Include me in early releases.

If the syncing icons don't appear after reverting to the stable version of the desktop app, please check this Help Center article on how to check your overlay icons on your system.

Let me know if this helps!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

morisf
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

The sync is completed finally!  I noticed that the version is updated to 85.3.133 and I guess this helped...

Thanks so much for your help!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    Seyed Explorer | Level 3
    Ravinderjit-S Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?