cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My email address isn't recognized, even though it is spelled correctly

My email address isn't recognized, even though it is spelled correctly

tlwintz
Helpful | Level 5

trying to access my account via my phone but keeps telling me I am entering an invalid email address.  It is spelled correctly and it is the email addressed I used to set up the account on my computer and I can access the account via my computer.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: My email address isn't recognized, even though it is spelled correctly

tlwintz
Helpful | Level 5

tried to log in so I could get a screen shot of the error message and now it is working.  Must have been a sync issue with creating the account on my computer then days later installing the app on my phone and trying to log in.  Whatever it was it isi working now.  Thanks for trying to help!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @tlwintz; welcome to our Community!

Can you please clarify your device's OS and if you're trying to access your Dropbox account through a web browser or our mobile app?

If it's not too much to ask, please include a screenshot of the error you get so I can have a visual too.

Thanks a bunch!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

tlwintz
Helpful | Level 5

The issue is with my android phone.  I created the account on my PC, windows 10, but the log in issue is with my phone.  When I enter my email user name, which is my email address, and then my password I get a message that tells me to enter a vailid email address.  Both have been triple checked for spelling.  Login works fine on my computer

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the response @tlwintz.

Can you please let me know the exact OS and build of your mobile device and forward me a screenshot of the error you get omitting any personal information so I can have a further look into this?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

tlwintz
Helpful | Level 5

tried to log in so I could get a screen shot of the error message and now it is working.  Must have been a sync issue with creating the account on my computer then days later installing the app on my phone and trying to log in.  Whatever it was it isi working now.  Thanks for trying to help!

View solution in original post

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?