cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My file edits are not syncing across my devices

My file edits are not syncing across my devices

greengo
Helpful | Level 5

The dropbox-files on my pc are synchronising, but the files on my tablet(android) are not.....Problem ocurred last week, worked 8 years without any problems....

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: app isn`t synchronising

greengo
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Lusil,

The problem was in the Polaris Office app, not with Dropbox.

I`m sorry i took your time about this. I am now using the excel-app and the problem is over.

Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey there @greengo

As a first step, could you please ensure that the Dropbox account connected to the mobile app is the same as the website and/or the desktop app? You can check this by checking out the email connected:
If you’re using the same account, please let me know any additional info on this so as to have a better understanding of your concern. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

greengo
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Lusll,

The account is the same, but if i use my desktop pc eveything works accordingly, the files are changed on my tablet. But not the other way around. So if i change the same file on my tablet and save it, the file isn`t changed at all...

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for the additional info, @greengo

Could you please clarify the steps that you take when you open and edit a file through your mobile device? Are you by any chance downloading it locally? :thinking:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

greengo
Helpful | Level 5

How can i see if i`m downloading locally?

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @greengo, my question was more in case you were exporting these files or how you’re accessing them.

For this reason, could you let me know the exact steps you follow to edit these files from your mobile device, and what the file type is? 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

greengo
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Lusil,

The problem was in the Polaris Office app, not with Dropbox.

I`m sorry i took your time about this. I am now using the excel-app and the problem is over.

Thank you for your help.

Lusil
Dropboxer
No worries, @greengo! Glad to hear that you were able to find a resolution to your concern in the end. :relieved:

If you have any other questions in the future, don’t hesitate to give us a shout and, in the meantime, have a wonderful day ahead!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    greengo Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?