cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My installation keeps failing due to update?

My installation keeps failing due to update?

Tomasz R.2
New member | Level 1

Hi.

I have problem with update aplication and - after unistall - install new all over again. No different, if firewall and/or antivirus run or not. I tried to install update, and now - after uninstall aplication, I try to install and the message is still unchanged: "Installing the application Dropbox update failed with error 0x80004002". The problem began with the last update February 17, 2016. Until then each update has been successful.
Please help, because I'm losing my patience.

Tomasz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problem with update

JvH
Helpful | Level 5

I found the offline installer in the help. You can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?type=full

And to answer your question: NO the offline installer did not work running Windows normally.

I had to go to SAFE MODE and then the offline installer worked.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Nathan P.7
New member | Level 1

I have the same experience.  I cannot update.  Same error code.  All of the FAQ or other support suggestions do not work to resolve this.  Dropbox, please help.

川島浩
New member | Level 1

I have same problem.

My "Installing the application Dropbox update failed with error 0x80004002" problem began August 2016.

JvH
Helpful | Level 5

Same here, november 2016.

It seems that Dropbox is to arrogant to answer . . . . .

Please prove me wrong!

CL3
New member | Level 2

I have the same problem - what is this error code?  Desperate to install dropbox.

JvH
Helpful | Level 5

Hello,

I managed to install without the 0x80004002 error in safe mode!

Hope this works for you too!!

JvH
Helpful | Level 5
I used the offline installer btw.

Biologist
New member | Level 2

Did the offline installer work? Where do you download that?

JvH
Helpful | Level 5

I found the offline installer in the help. You can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?type=full

And to answer your question: NO the offline installer did not work running Windows normally.

I had to go to SAFE MODE and then the offline installer worked.

kevin14
New member | Level 2
Spoiler
i wanna have alle games udn fnaf world and de order games slet

@Tomasz R.2 wrote:

Hi.

I have problem with update aplication and - after unistall - install new all over again. No different, if firewall and/or antivirus run or not. I tried to install update, and now - after uninstall aplication, I try to install and the message is still unchanged: "Installing the application Dropbox update failed with error 0x80004002". The problem began with the last update February 17, 2016. Until then each update has been successful.

Tomasz

@Tomasz R.2 wrote:

Hi.

Tomasz

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

kevin14 New member | Level 2
    JvH Helpful | Level 5
    Biologist New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?