cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My pdf's are gone from Online and in my computer...

My pdf's are gone from Online and in my computer...

Tea F.
New member | Level 1

I have a huge problem. I use Dropbox to save all of my company's files and as of two days I have not been able to location all of the saved PDF scanned files.  I scan via Neat Desk.  I also unable to sign in to DropBox via Neat Desk.  It is not signing in.

Please help. I have over 3 years worth and they are sensitive information I cannot have deleted.  Please help.  I have a paid yearly account.

9 Replies 9

Re: My pdf's are gone from Online and in my computer...

Mark
Super User II

If its only one type of file missing something on your machine is more than likely 'tidying' them and moving them to its own locations. 

Follow www.dropbox.com/help/969 to get them back

You'll need to contact Neat Desk for help with that software I'm afraid. 

Please help. I have over 3 years worth and they are sensitive information I cannot have deleted.  Please help. 

As an aside. If they are THAT critical where on earth are your backups?! You MUST backup data!

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Tea F.
New member | Level 1

I wish you guys have a live person or text support.  It is horrible to wait 24 to 48 hours when we depend on your server to save our work.  I don't have back up in my computer because I have limited space.  Otherwise, I will need to back up my own files. 

Please help ASAP.  I'm loosing business.  Thanks!!!

Mark
Super User II

I wish you guys have a live person or text support.  It is horrible to wait 24 to 48 hours when we depend on your server to save our work

They do. 

For Business users. 

Everybody else (i.e. Home users) have to wait for a reply. You can, however, track tickets at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

Please help ASAP.  I'm loosing business.  Thanks!!!

Yet you have no backups!? Contingency plan?! And using a home user product?! What about due diligence on your data and resources etc.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Tea F.
New member | Level 1

Why would I back up what DropBox is saving.  That is the reason you have an outside server. 

I have Carbonite too and they don't have the file either. For some strange coincident, the PDF files were not backed up.  I need a way to recover these files.  According to the site, it say they can revert back to a previous time... but not in my computer.  It seem that around 2pm, a lot of files were deleted on 5/25/2016... The option to select multiple files on Dropbox is not working.  I have hundreds of files deleted and one on one is tedious.  I use Win7 so the format of their site on my end does not show much options to select all.

Mark
Super User II

Why would I back up what DropBox is saving.  That is the reason you have an outside server. 

For reasons like this? And because Dropbox is NOT a back up solution? Or because every single backup site will tell you that you need at least three copies of data. You currently have 2 - computer and Dropbox. However, the way Dropbox works if one is corrupt it updates and breaks them all. 

It seem that around 2pm, a lot of files were deleted on 5/25/2016... The option to select multiple files on Dropbox is not working

For large restores they dont work via the website, you need to do it via Support.

However, that shows something on your machine decided to move things around (or delete them, but less likely) on that date. 

Tea F.
New member | Level 1

I checked the link you sent me to recover deleted files yesterday.

I thought with Dropbox Pro they will have direct service. 

I already placed multiple tickets yesterday. 

My computer does not delete items. It is used for business.  I just don't have a business accoun since it is only one computer.

I will take your comments into consideration.  Thank you!

Tea F.
New member | Level 1

who is Zendesk??? is thsi from DropBox...there are a lot of links online saying they work for Dropbox but they are not. The certificate for this link is Unauthenticated.

Tea F.
New member | Level 1

Irony is why would it delete those on the Online and as well as in my computer? I'm also unable to link to Neat Desk, and my Outlook is not working either... Too many things coincidentally not working.

Mark
Super User II

I already placed multiple tickets yesterday. 

And every time you did so you moved yourself to the back of the queue. Replies for Pro users are between 24 and 72 hours. You need to be patient I'm afraid. I also suggest using the ZenDesk link to close all additional tickets.  

My computer does not delete items. It is used for business.

Yes it is - look at what you are seeing. Its deleted all your PDF's .

who is Zendesk??? is thsi from DropBox

ZenDesk is the company Dropbox use to manage their online help requests. When you use www.dropbox.com/support your ticket is moved in to ZenDesk. 

Irony is why would it delete those on the Online and as well as in my computer

Because thats what Dropbox is designed to doIts a syncing tool. Whatever happens on a machine or device linked to it it replicates to all other devices. 

Too many things coincidentally not working.

Sounds like something playing up on your machine. I suggest getting ICT to have a look - a virus? Malware? Note that Dropbox cannot 'break' Neat Desk or Outlook.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Tea F. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?