cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone was stolen so I unlinked it, will that stop people seeing what's in Dropbox?

My phone was stolen so I unlinked it, will that stop people seeing what's in Dropbox?

IreneRx
New member | Level 2

Hi! My phone was apparently stolen. In my haste, I unlinked the app on my phone. Will that make it so people cannot view what's already in dropbox?

1 Reply 1

Re: unlinked phone

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @IreneRx, thanks for reaching out to us here!

If you've unlinked the device from your account, then your account will no longer be signed into the mobile app on that device. The files within your account won't be accessible anymore through the mobile app.

Just as an additional step, if you were signed into your account through the web browser on your device, I can also suggest removing old web sessions from your Security page too. 

You could even change your Dropbox password as another security step in the case that your password was saved through the web browser on your phone.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?