cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Our Community can help you set up and make Dropbox work for you. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My syncing has been slow lately

Helpful | Level 6

Hye!

I am using dropbox sync since last year. My Broadband speed is 100 MBps and we get 12 MBps to download speed. But from the last few days, I noticed whenever I start downloading via Dropbox sync it starts downloads with 600 kbps to 2400 kbps speed.

After reading this you will say it's your internet connection issue or it might be your internet provider company issue.

I have a 70 Mbps internet connection at my home also and I am facing the same issue with the different internet provider companies.

Anything other than Google or Dropbox gives me roper downloading speed.

Somebody told me that Dropbox and Google drive is related to each other so maybe this issue is from Google. Then I contacted google support also but they said me the same thing. It's your internet operator issue. I didn't check to download from my home at that time. But after noticing this same issue at my home also, I think something is wrong at your side.

This downloading issue wasn't there before as I am using Dropbox for 1 year but from the last 10-12 days it's not been over.

Can you check?

18 Replies 18
Highlighted

Re: My syncing has been slow lately. Any ideas?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @pravesh_b, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

I'd be more than happy to help look into this with you. 

As a first step, could you please let me know if you've checked this article out on how to improve the syncing speed of the desktop app? 

This also gives some more info on why the syncing speed may change. 

Let me know if this helps even a little!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

No. I already tried all of this before posting my issue. Internet provide saying its their problem because we gets proper speed when i tried to download a 25bg game via steam.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @pravesh_b

Have you tried syncing and/or uploading with another device on the same network to see if there's a difference? 

Also, could there be a possibility that a proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even router issues restricting traffic to these Dropbox domains?

Could you try temporarily disabling any third party software, like an antivirus or a cloud syncing app, to see if that causes a change in behavior?

Let me know what you find!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Hi

As per you suggested I just drag and drop a 5 GB file in the Dropbox folder. It gives me proper 8-12 Mbps speed while uploading. I just did it for checking upload speed and cancel it. But when I try to download any file from dropbox web it giving 600kbps downloading speed. Via backup and sync, it gives me the same speed. So upload speed is perfect but download speed has a big issue.

Don't understand why. is it from my Internet provider or from your side? In speed test it showing me perfectly.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Another thing I forgot to tell you. You suggested checking my VPN, firewall, security software, or even router issues restricting traffic. I have two broadband connections. One is at my office and another is at my home. I have three different systems in the office. So the suggestion doesn't make sense here because every system has a default setting. I don't have any anti-virus software in my windows.

I have tried to download files on the remaining two systems one by one. I even tried to do it with a direct connection to the system. It's showing me the same issue. I did all of these things before writing here.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Great work on the troubleshooting, @pravesh_b

Hmm.  Could you also try temporarily closing any third party apps, including other cloud services, such as Google Drive?

Let me know what you find!

Lusil

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-14 at 12.52.47.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-01-14 at 12.52.46.jpeg

See snapshots. and tell me what speed I should receive as per 50Mbps. And what speed your App giving me. Now anything you suggesting me to shutdown. I have already done this. I have disabled all my other devices and wifi connections. I already did this before but for you, I have done this again.

I would be very happy if you find any solution, not suggestions.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the screenshots and apologies for the late reply, @pravesh_b

I've followed up with a ticket to the email connected to your Community profile to have a better look into this.

When you have the chance, please check your inbox for my latest message and we'll take it from there. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I am having the exact same issues and mine keeps saying 2+ days.  I've used DB for years, but this started a few weeks ago.  

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?