cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need American-English translations

Need American-English translations

dingaling604
Explorer | Level 3

Everything you send is ALWAYS in Dutch even though I have continuously requested it to be translated.  When this happens (and it ALWAYS does) I simply delete it since I can't read it.  So if you are sending information I need I DON'T get it.  Is this understandable to you?

6 Replies 6

Re: Need American-English translations

Mark
Super User II

If you are seeing it in Dutch then somewhere on your account its set up as Dutch. The default is Amercan English so you need to physically change it to get anything else. 

Check your regions and preferences at https://www.dropbox.com/account

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

dingaling604
Explorer | Level 3

Nothing I've tried (per community suggestions) have changed a dang thing! Changed the "tjing about translation to English-keep always, doesn't do it!  Just today I removed something from Dropbox and in Dutch it asked question.  I will keep using Dropbox but I REALLY am NOT happy this can't be fixed to stay!!!

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey there @dingaling604,

If you go to your Dropbox account online, on the web page in the bottom right can you click the “…” (just to the left of “Privacy” and “?”). The first option from the bottom is “Language” so please click this and choose English (US) and see if you still have the same issue.

Language options on the websiteLanguage options on the website

Let me know how it goes - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

John W.55
New member | Level 2

I've never had to go through this before I'm simply trying to download some software I go to the address and it gives Dropbox which I haven't used in some years all I'm trying to do is add an antenna and I go to steps that are taking me away from that the address is [removed per the Community's Guidelines] in order to do this I have to use Dropbox.

John W.55
New member | Level 2
No I finally got it in English that's not the point every time I go to the address to do the software for the antenna Wi-Fi antenna it reverts me to Dutch and I wanted to follow instructions so I can plug the USB antenna onto the computer I can't get no more simpler than that but I keep on running into the setups in Dutch for Dropbox!

Re: Need instructions from address in English

John W.55
New member | Level 2
No I finally got it in English that's not the point every time I go to the address to do the software for the antenna Wi-Fi antenna it reverts me to Dutch and I wanted to follow instructions so I can plug the USB antenna onto the computer I can't get no more simpler than that but I keep on running into the setups in Dutch for Dropbox!
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

John W.55 New member | Level 2
    Daphne Dropboxer
    dingaling604 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?