cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Multiple Dropbox folders in Windows Explorer

Need Multiple Dropbox folders in Windows Explorer

Louie B.
Explorer | Level 4

I have an issue I hope someone can help me with.  I cannot find answers on dropbox.com:

I have  a personal Dropbox account.  Yesterday I joined our company's team account and connected it to my personal account.  I downloaded the installer and ran it so I could have a link and icon in Windows Explorer (Windows 10) for both. However, Windows Explorer still only shows the personal account icon.  How do I get the company's team account link to show in there?

Thank you. 

11 Replies 11

Re: Need Multiple Dropbox folders in Windows Explorer

Rich
Super User II

See here and reply back if you have any other questions.

Louie B.
Explorer | Level 4

Does not help.  I have downloaded and tried the installer 4 times.

Rick M.
Experienced Collaborator | Level 13

To disconnect a Dropbox Business account and a personal account click on your name, pull down Settings then click Connected Dropbox accounts. There you should see an option to disconnect your personal and work Dropbox accounts.

If that is not your intent, try www.dropbox.com/support

Louie B.
Explorer | Level 4

I do not wish to disconnect the accounts.

Just want both icons/shortcuts/links in Windows Explorer.  I only see the personal account.  

Rich
Super User II

I have downloaded and tried the installer 4 times.

What do you mean by "tried the installer"? After linking your accounts and installing the latest version of Dropbox, did you follow the steps to add your other account to the Dropbox client?

Louie B.
Explorer | Level 4

For some reason, I just now got the Yellow dot indicating to add the new business dropbox to my desktop.  After clicking it, it seems to be working!  Thank you all for your help.

A final question:  If you look at the directory below, you can see the two DropBox folders - one personal and one business.  If I expand Louie Bernstein, I see them again.  Is anything being duplicated or is this just a logical association?

></p>

Rich
Super User II

Logical association.

Louie B.
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks.

Elliott C.
New member | Level 1

Hi Louie B. 

I am having the exact same problem as you were. I can't see my dropbox for business account in my windows explorer (file explorer) I only see my personal account. I have connected my accounts online and on my smart phone but i dont know how to on my desktop. How did you resolve the problem? What do you mean by the 'Yellow dot indicating to add the new business dropbox to my desktop'?

Thanks. 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Elliott C. New member | Level 1
    Rich Super User II
    Louie B. Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?