cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help - Dropbox mobile app wont startup

Need help - Dropbox mobile app wont startup

New member | Level 2

Hello, I've scoured the site with something similar to my topic and tried all the responses given but the problem still persist. That or maybe im not good at seaching but im desperate.

Mobile phone is Huawei Mate 10 (4/64 GB) running on Android 10.

Last i accessed (upload and export) was 2 days ago with no problem (ver 196.2.6).

I already uninstalled and reinstalled the app (both from Google Play and third party website to no avail). I've cleared the cache as well as data but still nothing. I also tried installing the previous version 194.2.6 just cause.

I can't provide screenshot because when i clicked on the icon, the usual dropbox startup background pops up but immediately closed with no warning.

Thanks

Side note: I've been using dropbox since 2013 if memory serves and I've yet to encounter this kind of problem.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Need help - Dropbox mobile app wont startup

New member | Level 2
Thanks for getting back me. I really appreciate that.
My mate 10 is running the latest firmware fyi and there's no pending updates from both system and applications.

The problem is already solved as I've been tinkering it at morning. Turns out that the culprit was my sd card. Not sure if it ran out of writing capacities or faulty perhaps? It's been with me since 2013 so i think i had a good run with it. Luckily i can still access my card but no longer able to write anything new.

Thanks again for replying!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dropboxer

Hey @Jonjaurieg, thanks for checking in with us on the Dropbox Community. 

Since you've already done some troubleshooting - great work by the way! - could you also let me know if you've checked that you don't have any pending updates on your mobile's OS? 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2
Thanks for getting back me. I really appreciate that.
My mate 10 is running the latest firmware fyi and there's no pending updates from both system and applications.

The problem is already solved as I've been tinkering it at morning. Turns out that the culprit was my sd card. Not sure if it ran out of writing capacities or faulty perhaps? It's been with me since 2013 so i think i had a good run with it. Luckily i can still access my card but no longer able to write anything new.

Thanks again for replying!

View solution in original post

Dropboxer

That's great to hear, @Jonjaurieg - again, awesome work! 

If anything else comes up in the future or you have any other questions for us, you know where to find us. 

In the meantime, I hope you have a wonderful day ahead! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?