cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help updating my billing information. Any ideas?

Highlighted

Need help updating my billing information. Any ideas?

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I want to update my card details but it wont let me because i now live in another country and dont have a card registered in the country I took the account out in - how do i pay now?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: billing update

Super User II
Super User II

I need to UPDATE my credit card information and cannot Change the Country from United States to Canada.

You can't. You need to allow your subscription to expire and then resubscribe using the new billing information.

What happens to my data when I let a subscription elapse?

Nothing. Syncing may stop if you're over quota, but will resume again once you're resubscribed. Your data will not be deleted.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there

Sorry for the delay - are you still having issues?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Same issue, resolution?

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

There's no way to change the billing country on an active subscription. You need to let your subscription lapse and then sign up again with your new payment method. The following is a reply to a similar question from a Dropboxer:

Ashley scribbled:
Hi there! Unfortunately, it's not possible to change your billing country. If you'd like to change your billing country, you will need to allow your subscription to lapse, and then sign up for a new Pro subscription with your new billing information. I apologise for the inconvenience!

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I've used Dropbox for six years but my card is about to expire and 'United States' appears as  Country in my Update Billing Info window..... and it won't let me change it!! I can't renew without a zip code and country. Why should I have to lapse and sign up again???  

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Why can't I change my billing country on a current subscription?

There are a few reasons why you may not be able to change your billing country. So that we can help with your specific case, contact our support team. Make sure that you're signed in to your account when you contact support.

- I Click the link and be sent around in Circles to do this?  I need to UPDATE my credit card information and cannot Change the Country from United States to Canada.  My account has been Canadian since inception.

Eric

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

I need to UPDATE my credit card information and cannot Change the Country from United States to Canada.

You can't. You need to allow your subscription to expire and then resubscribe using the new billing information.

Nothing. Syncing may stop if you're over quota, but will resume again once you're resubscribed. Your data will not be deleted.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?