cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Laptop

New Laptop

Explorer | Level 3

My old laptop died and I had to get a new one. I need to get the dropbox that had hundreds of files to show on my new laptop. I have tried downoading DB but have no success getting files.

5 Replies 5

Re: New Laptop

Super User II

All you need to do is install the Dropbox application and sign in with the same Dropbox account that you used on your old laptop. The files in your account will then start to sync down to your computer.

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Rich, I have downloaded DB but half my folders are missing. 

Super User II

Do you see them if you sign in on the Dropbox website?

Explorer | Level 3

I see one folder. I had at least 4.

Dropboxer

Hi there @g_gill; how are you today?

I'm sorry to hear about your missing files and folders and I'd really like to help.

As you're not seeing those folders when you log into your account on the website, could it be that you have another account and logged into the wrong one accidentally?

If that's not the case, I'd suggest taking a look at your account's events page as this is the place where all adds, edits and deletes are normally logged so it should give you a hint or two.

In any case, please keep us posted! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?