cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Mac mini M1 / Dropbox backups

New Mac mini M1 / Dropbox backups

Guenter2
Explorer | Level 3

Hi!

My problem is, that I have just installed my new Mac mini M1 computer, and now, all of a sudden, dropbox (which I use for many years on my other apple devices) makes backups from everything I put onto my desktop. I surely made a mistake while installing dropbox on the new Mac, but I do not know how to change this into the following: I want all backups from my new Mac mini being done to my iCloud and not to my dropbox. I just want to put data and files onto my dropbox if necessary and not using it as a cloud system. How can I change that? Sorry for my English, I am from Germany. 🙂

1 Reply 1

Re: New Mac mini M1 / Dropbox backups

Walter
Dropboxer
Hello there @Guenter2, welcome to our Community!

If you'd like to disable the computer backup feature, you can follow the steps outlined here.

Let me know if that helped!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?