cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New computer is not seeing all files in my Dropbox

New computer is not seeing all files in my Dropbox

leslie b.
New member | Level 1

I've just added a new computer to my Dropbox account. It shows under my Dropbox settings, received an email confirming the addition. When I go to Dropbox on the new computer it shows all the folders but is missing most files within those folders. Is this a matter of waiting or is there some step I must perform to have the files recognized as being available?

5 Replies 5

Re: New computer is not seeing all files in my Dropbox

Ed
Dropboxer

Hi there,

Sorry for the late response - are you still having issues?

Thanks

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Arne M.1
New member | Level 1

I have installed Dropbox on my new computer. When I go to the Dropbox folder on my new computer no subfolders are showing up. The only folders i got now is two folders that has been linked to me from other persons. My folders and files from my old PC have dissapeared!!? What am I going to do to see my folders from the old PC on my new extra PC?

Ed
Dropboxer

Hi Arne

Do you see all your files and folders on www.dropbox.com? If so, it's possible that your Dropbox hasn't synched them yet. Also, please check on the Dropbox desktop client if you have not enabled selective sync. Here's how to do it: https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/4456

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Arne M.1
New member | Level 1

Hi Ed

Thanks for your answer. In my old PC I see all my files and folders. In my new, extra PC I don't see them at all. The only thing I see on the new PC is two folders which is shared with me from other persons.  So it is obviously something wrong here.

Also there must be some strange thing here because I dont see the Dropbox icon in the System tray - so I am not able to to enable selective sync from here!

Arne M.1
New member | Level 1

Hi again!

I found the Dropbox icon in the system tray. But it is only possibile to syncronise two folders on my new extra PC. The two folders are the folders that show up in my new PC. On my old PC there are several folders showing (same as in  Dropbox.com), so perhaps I have to share all the folders on my old PC to the new PC ? But i really dont know how I am able to do that! 🙂

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Arne M.1 New member | Level 1
    Ed Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?