cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New files don't show up in Finder (MacOS Yosemite)

Patrik Å.
New member | Level 1

Same problem here! Dropbox 3.4.4 and OS X 10.10.3.

sean m.45
New member | Level 1

Dropbox 3.4.4 and OS X 10.10.3 - same prob for me - what is dropbox doing about this? You take people's money, but one of the most critical functions, ie seamless updating and synchronizing does not work!!!! this is BULLSHIT. I am going to switch to another cloud storage service if not resolved SOON - you people are messing our business up.

Victor M.3
New member | Level 1

I have same problem and it seems not to be connected with DropBox, I don't use it now.
I also have it just some days... and looking for the answer ))
if you find what's the problem plz let me know as well )) tnx

Tim L.16
New member | Level 1

Same problem here too. OSX 10.10.3 and DropBox 3.4.4. I've had this problem for many months, since back to last fall. I'm just not getting more and more annoyed by it. I'm a paying DropBox customer too. Files are clearly syncing fine, I see them in the "Recently changed" list in the system bar and if I click it there it opens fine. But if I go to my DropBox folder in Finder it does not show any new files.

Jon F.
New member | Level 1

Hi all, just wanted to add my weird fix for this. When I have this problem, I just open up Finder preferences ( Command-; ), uncheck "Show all filename extensions" and then checking it again. This makes files appear again for me nearly 100% of the time.

I've also had this problem outside of Dropbox folders on Yosemite and this fix works for me there too.

Victor M.3
New member | Level 1

the only solution I have found that is to Relaunch the Finder Option+Right Click on the Finder icon.
And it instantly repaints the file which were not shown.

If you find the other solutions to solve it please let me know as well.

Tomas G.1
New member | Level 1

I'm having the same problem. My friend will add a file to dropbox, I'll get a notification from the notification center that there is a new filed in our shared folder, but when I pull up the folder in the finder, the file is not there. Running 10.10.3 and dropbox 3.4.4.

ANAND G.1
New member | Level 1

Hi Victor,
have you seen my other comment 9 days ago? It's another solution, which is probably the fastest one. And you don't need any IT skills for that, since I've programmed the app myself. It's very simple..

Tommaso R.
New member | Level 1

Basically, all one needs to do is to manually "update" the finder window: you can use the script/app provided by Mario S.; you can rename a file to whatever and then turning it back; you can simply move one of the existing files outside of the folder and then put it back in; you can create a new folder and then delete it; etc. etc.
But the point is all these "tricks" are temporary fixes to a huge inconvenience: they are not a permanent and final solution.
Someone says the culprit might be Yosemite rather than Dropbox, but I do not have any of this kind of problems using DB alternatives like Google Drive or Copy...

Arash E.
New member | Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Since Dropbox seems to not respond to this forum, please submit an official support request here https://www.dropbox.com/support, we might actually get somewhere if enough paying customers file a ticket.

Need more support?