cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iOS App - No Home Tab

New iOS App - No Home Tab

kafolske
Explorer | Level 3

I just downloaded the latest version today (70.2) and noticed the release notes said you can change the setting regarding showing recents in the Home Tab.  

1) There is no setting for this in the settings menu

2) There is no Home Tab in this version of the iOS app.

What is going on?  I verified I am running version 70.2.2 on iOS.

Your help documents specifically state:

• On the Home tab, tap View all under the Starred widget, then tap "+" (plus)

I have the following tabs, from left to right: "Recents", "Files", "+", "Photos", "Offline".

Are the release notes just wildly inaccurate and the Home tab has been removed or is this software just not functioning correctly?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: New iOS App - No Home Tab

Rich
Super User II
the release notes said you can change the setting regarding showing recents in the Home Tab.  

A quick follow-up to this. According to Dropbox Support, the feature does exist within the app but has been disabled for some users while they investigate a crash. It should be re-enabled soon.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Rich
Super User II

kafolske wrote:

There is, actually, but you don't see it right away. When you first sign in, you'll see the older interface with the Recents tab in the bottom left, and the gear in the upper left.

48d1d834c7cfabb61632ca11a5ab0085.png

Close the app (and close it from your background apps) and then launch it again. When it fully updates with your account, it will likely pick up the newer interface with the Home tab replacing Recents, and the gear moved to the Account tab.

aa674b495407b06f6f07be9b0d934ca3.png

... and noticed the release notes said you can change the setting regarding showing recents in the Home Tab.  

That setting still doesn't seem to be in the app, or it's only available for certain accounts. Dropbox does a lot of tests with small batches of users, and they also roll out features gradually, so it may still appear within this version. As you can see from above, the interface and available options can change without needing a new release. It's all built-in to the app already.

kafolske
Explorer | Level 3

@Rich wrote:

@kafolske wrote:

There is, actually, but you don't see it right away. When you first sign in, you'll see the older interface with the Recents tab in the bottom left, and the gear in the upper left.

I did, acutally, but you just assumed that I didn't fully restart the app.

I still don't see a Home tab.

Rich
Super User II
I didn't use "you" to mean you personally. It was used in the general sense. I also didn't assume anything, and just explained what the usual process is for the Home tab to appear.

Best of luck.

kafolske
Explorer | Level 3

I have since totally un-installed the app from my phone, gone to the app store and re-downloaded the app.  I signed in again, but still don't see a home tab.

Regardless of what the expert on this thread says, it is not in the new app.....at least the version in the app store, which claims to have a home tab.

Rich
Super User II

kafolske wrote:

Regardless of what the expert on this thread says, it is not in the new app.....at least the version in the app store, which claims to have a home tab.

The version in the app store, 70.2.2, has the home tab.

2017-10-26 23.20.31.png

If you still can't see it, then it's likely something specific with your account, in which case you'll need to contact Support for further assistance.

Open your ticket here: https://dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus and Professional users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Pete G.3
Collaborator | Level 8
I have the same issue - no home icon

Rich
Super User II
the release notes said you can change the setting regarding showing recents in the Home Tab.  

A quick follow-up to this. According to Dropbox Support, the feature does exist within the app but has been disabled for some users while they investigate a crash. It should be re-enabled soon.

kafolske
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the update.  Looking forward to their fixes.

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

kafolske Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
    Pete G.3 Collaborator | Level 8
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?