cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No Download Option

No Download Option

Holly J.1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, I use to be able to download my folders by right clicking and choosing the download option or choosing the download file option when the folder is open. I no longer am given the option to download. The only options I am getting is to share, open, delete, rename, etc. I prefer to download the folders and not copy or move out of dropbox. Why did it change and what can I do?

13 Replies 13

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey louisw

Sorry to hear about the frustration caused, we're here to help you out! 

Could you reply here with more details surrounding the case? I'm sure we can work on a fix together. 

Otherwise, please feel free to get in touch with our support team, so that we further investigate and assist. 

I'd be glad to follow-up on any open tickets if you reply here with your ticket ID. 

Warm regards, 
JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

marinegeek23
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This is not helpful. I don't think wanting the option to download is unreasonable. 

I synced my Linux box and it's downloading/syncing now. The problem is that the client has only downloaded half of the folder I need in the last 12 hours and now I can't even just download the folder unless I break they sync on the device. That's positively ridiculous and madenning.

marinegeek23
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hey Mr. High and Mighty, get down off your horse. As I just explained in my response to another post, only HALF of the files I NEED have downloaded and now I have to BREAK the SYNC in order to DOWNLOAD the files I NEED (I can over-caps too). 

You simply come across as an ass and jagoff by "speaking" that way.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You can download files that are sync'd you just need to tap on the ... first.

See:

Click here.jpg

That is for an Excel spreadsheet which IS downloaded locally. I clicked on the file which opened it in Excel online and then clicked on the ...'s to get that menu. Not very user friendly I agree though.

OR

If you want to download multiple files click on the tick boxes and then tap 'download' (a word of warning with this one though, if its a file which can be edited online [e.g. Office] you get a different menu and need to follow the above):

pic 2.jpg

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?