cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

No Dropbox context menu items or sync icons after upgrading to 10.13 (Mac), any ideas?

Helpful | Level 6

@Jane This issue has now appeared on OSX 10.13.

I had this problem earlier on OSX 10.10 (as I wrote in this thread). As per someone's suggestion in this forum I was able to solve it by installing an older version of dropbox and disabling the auto-update.

After upgrading to OSX 10.13 it seemed fine, but now I'm not seeing any Dropbox options in my finder's context menu and I'm not seeing any dropbox sync icons in the finder list view. There's absolutely no way to tell whether a file is local on online only. I don't know when this started but probably within the past week.

I've tried quitting dropbox and restarting it but the issue persists. What can I do to solve this?

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Smart Sync not Showing up on Mac

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @alex g.33, I hope you're well today!

Since you're having an issue with 10.13, I've moved your comment out of the thread you originally posted in, so that we can troubleshoot separately and avoid any confusion.

Just to get a better idea of your current set up, can you let me know which version of the desktop app you have installed? Our latest stable is currently 90.4.

Also, what is the current sync status showing?

Let me know and we'll go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Ask for a beta copy of Dropbox v91.3.536. I had this problem running Yosemite and the beta fixed it.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me @CTb!

While the beta may have resolved the issue that you were having before, I'd suggest downgrading to the stable version of the desktop app as a first step. It could be in this case that the issue lies with the beta version.

To do this, please toggle off "Early releases" at the bottom of your account settings page here. Then please download and install the latest stable version from here.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?