cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Dropbox directory

No Dropbox directory

New member | Level 2
I've installed Dropbox several times on Windows 10 and cannot find the Dropbox directory. I've researched this online and checked in the usual location for the folder. I've also searched for it through explorerr. any suggestions?

TIA
G-
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: No Dropbox directory

Super User II

Did you install the Dropbox app from the Microsoft Store? That app is meant for mobile devices and does not sync the same way the desktop application does. You need to download and install the Dropbox client, which will create a local Dropbox folder and sync your files.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: No Dropbox directory

Super User II

Did you install the Dropbox app from the Microsoft Store? That app is meant for mobile devices and does not sync the same way the desktop application does. You need to download and install the Dropbox client, which will create a local Dropbox folder and sync your files.

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?