cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet Connection on macOS Sierra

No Internet Connection on macOS Sierra

LisbonMile
Helpful | Level 5

I've used Dropbox successfully on my MacBook Pro until recently, when I had problems and re-intalled the app. I've tried several times to reinstall it, but every time I get the message "No Internet Connection - Your computer is currently offline...". It's not offline at all.

I've tried searching for an answer to this problem, and tried some of the solutions, but none have helped. I haven't got a Dropbox icon appearing anywhere, either in the Dock or the Toolbar(?) at the top of the screen, so I can't delete proxies, as suggested elsewhere.

Please help - this is driving me nuts. I have important files I need to sync across computers, and I don't want to be pushed to iCloud!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: No Internet Connection on macOS Sierra

LisbonMile
Helpful | Level 5

Actually, DropBox was installed, but grayed out in the top taskbar. It was just stuck on 'connecting...', and I was able to open Settings > Preferences > Network, and change the Proxy Setting from 'Auto-detect' to 'No proxy'. Not sure how it had got set to Auto-detect, but changing it solved the problem and it's now working fine, thank you. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

LisbonMile
Helpful | Level 5
Problem solved - I managed to sort it out OK. No further help needed.

Mark
Super User II
To help others I dont suppose you'd mind telling us how you fixed it would you?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

LisbonMile
Helpful | Level 5

Actually, DropBox was installed, but grayed out in the top taskbar. It was just stuck on 'connecting...', and I was able to open Settings > Preferences > Network, and change the Proxy Setting from 'Auto-detect' to 'No proxy'. Not sure how it had got set to Auto-detect, but changing it solved the problem and it's now working fine, thank you. 

bettermax
New member | Level 2
I tried your method and changed the proxy preference to no proxy. But it still doesn't work. Did you set it in dropbox preference or mac network preference? Cheers.

LisbonMile
Helpful | Level 5

Hi , I really can't remember, and right now I'm in Far North Queensland, which is pretty remote, and just getting a bit of Wifi on my iPad is an achievement! 

What at I did do was delete and completely reinstall the Dropbox app, but where I did the proxy thing I cannot recall. Maybe need a bit of trial and error? When I get back to civilisation and Mac territory, I'll try and find out and let you know.

Good luck!

AntoineH
New member | Level 2

Drove me nuts as well. Recently ungraded from Mac Air to MacBookPro with MacOS Sierra.

Soliution is to dissable the auto proxy setting in Dropbox preferences.

Refer marked-up screen shots attached.

Drop Box Sync -1.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-24 at 10.24.49 am.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-24 at 10.25.05 am.png

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to Ask help from the Community here.]

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

AntoineH New member | Level 2
    LisbonMile Helpful | Level 5
    bettermax New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?