cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No QR code

MikeO1966
Explorer | Level 3

I have installed Dropbox on my Mac and iPhone, but when I enter dropbox.com/connect nothing happens. I do not get a QR code. 

What can I do to get a QR code so I can connect between them.

3 Replies 3

Re: No QR code

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hello there @MikeO1966, I'd be more than happy to help look into this with you. 

Generally, a QR code is an optional way to install the desktop app. 

Since you've already installed the apps on both devices, you should be able to simply sign in to your account. 

Could you give that a try and let me know how it goes? Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MikeO1966
Explorer | Level 3

When I click on the Dropbox icon on  the Dock on my Mac there is an icon for the PC but none for the iPhone. There is a folder called Mobile Uploads, but it is empty. If that is how I connect to my iPhone, how do I put things into that folder?

I do not understand how to connect to my iPhone from my Mac.Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 3.53.09 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-03-09 at 3.53.54 AM.jpg

Lusil
Dropboxer
If you've signed in on both the desktop app and the mobile app using the same email address, you've already connected your account to those devices. 

As for the empty folder on your Dropbox folder, could you let me know if it is also empty when you look through the mobile app and the web?

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?