cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No compatibility with iPad and Kindle!

No compatibility with iPad and Kindle!

albourcin
Explorer | Level 3

I think it is a scandal that we can't use anymore Dropbox with old kindles and iPads!

4 Replies 4

Re: No compatibility with iPad and Kindle!

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @albourcin, thanks for joining the Community.

We regularly release new versions of the Dropbox applications with additional features, better performance, and security enhancements.

These updates may not always compatible with older devices or operating systems. 

If the device can't update to a compatible OS or Dropbox app, please note that your data in Dropbox is safe and is still accessible on supported devices and on Dropbox.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

albourcin
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you Jay, but the problem this time is new: I can't even reach the website with a browser neither with my iPad nor with my Kindle Fire HD!

Jay
Dropboxer
If the device is too old, then even the browser can't update to the latest version, which would prevent the Dropbox site from loading or working as expected since it wouldn't meet the minimum requirements.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

albourcin
Explorer | Level 3

"You can transfer and download files from dropbox.com using most modern browsers" (from the page you're talking about): it doesn't say that you need any 'latest or minimum version'. In fact I've been using the dropbox app and site for ages with very very old browser and app version. If Dropbox will not solve this problem I will be sadly forced to change platform and use, for example, GoogleDrive that works fine even with my ios 9.3.5!

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

albourcin Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?