cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No edit button in iPad app

Highlighted

No edit button in iPad app

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello all,

In the past I have been able to open and edit MS Office files in their respective apps from an edit button in my Dropbox app. Unfortunately that button has disappeared. There is no pencil and paper icon, and there is no edit cursor thing (the capital I thing). I've attached a screenshot so you can see my options. I do have an active Office 365 subscription, and all of the apps are up to date. Any thoughts?

img_0110.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: No edit button in iPad app

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I'm answering my own question. It's because the file I want to open is an .xlsm file. Apparently the Excel app can only open regular ole .xlsx files.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I'm answering my own question. It's because the file I want to open is an .xlsm file. Apparently the Excel app can only open regular ole .xlsx files.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @smcamero, thanks for reaching out to us and for keeping us in the loop. 

Glad to hear that you were able to get to the bottom of this - awesome work with the investigation! 

If you need help with anything else or you have any other questions, just give us a shout. In the meantime, have a lovely day ahead!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

I have exactly the same issue except that mine are already named with the .xlsx format, so no idea.

did you come across anything else that could work?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?