Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

No files synced, want my files on DB cloud not on PC

Explorer | Level 4

I migrated all my DB contents off my PC WIN 10 64. There is no sync between my comp and DB. Want to put files on DB storage cloud but not have them on my comp. How can this be done with little or no material remaining on my PC?

Thanks very much to the team here, you've always been a gereat help.

SB

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: No files synced, want my files on DB cloud not on PC

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Stephen B.67

I'd be more than happy to help out!

If you've moved files into your Dropbox folder and they are not syncing to the website, the first step to ensure is that the desktop app is running by checking to see if there's a Dropbox icon in the system tray

Let me know what you find or if I've completely misunderstood your question. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for responding!

I was not clear.

I have all my DB files and folders on DB. None on my PC. I do have a DB folder on my PC.

I'd like to keep it that way, with DB like storage.

How do I "push" additional files, as they come along over time, up to DB cloud without syncing and getting any of those files on my comp's empty DB folder.

I like smart sync, I used it to get the cloud to hold all my files but I'm don't currently want to interactivly sync

TY

Highlighted

Super User
Super User

If you do not want anything to sync, then I suggest is to unlink your Dropbox Client to your account and uninstall the Client.  That way, whats stays on your PC will not go to the cloud.  However, in times, you need the files on the Cloud, you can use your browser for the web interface to drag and drop and download files if needed.  Keep in mind there is NO syncing back and forth

Hopes this helps

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?