cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection error - when there is internet?

No internet connection error - when there is internet?

Geoff K.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

The desktop app says "No internet connection - Your computer is currently offline. PLease check your nework settings."

But my comuter is NOT offline and there is most definitely internet - I can access any website through Explorer and Firefox and ALL other web-based applications are running fine?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vdshr09
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

https://groundworktc.wordpress.com/2014/10/02/dropbox-no-internet-error-resolved/

refer this link you will be able to resolve

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Phil S.17
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same for me.
Trying to find out how to solve this.
Have tried the uninstall and re-install.
Now I get this error response.

Wim H.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have got the same problem. Dropbox version 3.4.6 works fine, as soon as Dropbox upgrades to 3.6.x it doens't work anymore.

I cannot go back to 3.4.6 because Dropbox seems to automatically upgrade to a more recent version (3.6.x).

I have uninstalled Bitdefender; problem remains, I have turned the firewall off, problem remains I have unstalled Dropbox several times, problem remains.

I am runnen Windows 7, Dropbox is the only program having trouble getting to the internet all other programs work fine.

Jody G.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same issue here. I have uninstalled, cleaned the registry and reinstalled. No resolve.

Mark E.20
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I receive: "Your computer is currently offline. Please check your network setting"  What do I do to get Dropbox operational again so it will syc?

Esa P.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have same problem and there is no solution.  My Dropbox cannot be connected to Dropbox server. Everything that may block Dropbox have been removed, such as: antivirus, firewall, proxy, etc but it cannot work.

Anyone, please advise regarding this problem.

Thank you.

Esa

vikas g.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I receive: "Your computer is currently offline. Please check your network setting"  What do I do to get Dropbox

itel s.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

The desktop app says "No internet connection - Your computer is currently offline. PLease check your nework settings."

But my comuter is NOT offline and there is most definitely internet - I can access any website through Explorer and Firefox and ALL other web-based applications are running fine?

John L.115
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

What worked for me: Turn off Firewall and any Antivirus.  Then Settings - Update&Security - Windows Defender - Real time protection off

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Henry A.5 New member | Level 2
    John L.115 New member | Level 1
    itel s. New member | Level 1
    vikas g. New member | Level 1
    Esa P. New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?