cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer getting notifications on the desktop app

No longer getting notifications on the desktop app

Amber-Raz
New member | Level 2

I was getting notifications on my desktop reguarly but they have stopped all of a sudden and I don't know why. I have tried figuring it out, but have not had any luck. 

Thank you,

AP

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Notification

Luffy
Experienced Collaborator | Level 11

Hey there @Amber-Raz - sorry to hear that!

Have you checked this from your desktop app's Preferences menu as mentioned here? If you have opted in all notifications and still not getting any, I would advise to re-install the desktop app on your computer to see if this will fix this - you can find the latest stable build here.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Luffy
Experienced Collaborator | Level 11

Hey there @Amber-Raz - sorry to hear that!

Have you checked this from your desktop app's Preferences menu as mentioned here? If you have opted in all notifications and still not getting any, I would advise to re-install the desktop app on your computer to see if this will fix this - you can find the latest stable build here.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Stacie_H
Explorer | Level 3

I've re installed this version. The comments are from 2018 so hopefully the version is up to date. But now, nothing shows in my desktop. It erased what was there and did not replace with the new update.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Stacie_H, did you install the very old version linked in the previous comment? If so, this could cause unexpected behavior in the desktop app.

Please could you install the latest version using this link.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Stacie_H
Explorer | Level 3

I've done just that, after getting some help from chat. It turns out I had a beta version installed for a while and that one is not as stable. I had to deactivate this option in my settings, then install the new app. Working just fine now. Thanks!

Jay
Dropboxer
Glad to hear it's working now, @Stacie_H, have a great rest of the week!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    Stacie_H Explorer | Level 3
    Luffy Experienced Collaborator | Level 11
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?