cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mountable file system error for OS Catalina

No mountable file system error for OS Catalina

HelpDeskSn
Explorer | Level 3

I am encountering an error message while trying to download the latest version of Dropbox onto a MacBook Air that is running on the MacOS Catalina 10.15. I attempted to download the latest version of Dropbox and get the "no mountable file system" error. 

So, I followed the forum from this link below and proceeded to downlable the 77.4.131  version 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Dropboxinstaller-dmg-no-mountable-file...

I attempted to download the offline  77.4.131  version but it would not allow the user to log in. Is there a solution to the "No mountable file system" error? Any assistance would be appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: No mountable file system error for OS Catalina

Walter
Dropboxer
In that case, could you try this offline installer and let us know if it did the trick for you @HelpDeskSn?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @HelpDeskSn,

You're trying outdated version. Try download real latest version here: https://dropbox.com/install 😉

Hope this helps.

HelpDeskSn
Explorer | Level 3

Let me rephrase my issue. I attempted to download the latest version of Dropbox and get the no mountable file system" error. So I followed the forum from this link below and proceeded to downlable the 77.4.131  version 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Dropboxinstaller-dmg-no-mountable-file...

Walter
Dropboxer
In that case, could you try this offline installer and let us know if it did the trick for you @HelpDeskSn?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

HelpDeskSn
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter,

Yes this resolved this issue. Thank you!

Walter
Dropboxer
Glad to hear that @HelpDeskSn.

Have a lovely week ahead!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    HelpDeskSn Explorer | Level 3
    Здравко Super Collaborator | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?