cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network connection?

No network connection?

12Cole
New member | Level 2

Hey everyone, i recently ran into this problem on dropbox. I was just trying to upload a video like i always do but it wouldnt let me and instead gave me an error message saying "Waiting for network connection..." and would never start uploading. my antivirus and firewall both allow dropbox as far as i know and it also wont let me download the offline installer (it stays at 0% downloaded) When i try to download dropbox normally (not offline installer) it gives me the error message "Download Dropbox failed. retry in 5 seconds" and it does that a few times then says it failed the download. i really want to use dropbox but i cant seem to with this problem. and also i got the mobile app and i could upload things from my phone just not my pc.

(Edit: when i use the website on my pc it says it starts downloading and goes up to about 50% then says it lost internet connection and stops)

8 Replies 8

Re: No network connection?

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi @12Cole, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Can you just clarify for me where exactly you're getting the error message? Is it when you're trying to access www.dropbox.com?

If so, can you just try the following and let me know if you see any difference in behaviour:

• Use another web browser
  • Try an incognito/private window
  • Clear the browser's cache

If this doesn't help, can you try connecting to a different WiFi or cellular data network?

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

12Cole
New member | Level 2

Hi Daphne im getting the error message when i try to upload a file to my dropbox folder. Ill also try everything you mentioned and see if that works. Thanks!

Daphne
Dropboxer

Awesome, thanks for the info @12Cole!

Keep me posted with your findings. :grin:

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

12Cole
New member | Level 2

hi again, i tried what you said and none of those seemed to help, idid however find out i could upload just an image. but i still cant upload my videos.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Would you mind letting me know around what size the files are that you're trying to upload @12Cole?

Also, what file type are they?

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

12Cole
New member | Level 2

THe file size is 85mb im trying to upload. but i have also uploaded videos of a larger size previously (95mb). to experiment i tried uploading a video with a lower size (39mb) but that didnt work either.

12Cole
New member | Level 2

and they are mp4 files

Daphne
Dropboxer

To have a better look into this, would you mind if I reached out to your email linked with your Community profile @12Cole?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?