Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option to choose files to be available online

tdennis New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

The desktop app won't let me chose which files to sync or make available online. I am using a Surface Pro 3. I right click on the folders and there is not an option to sync or not. 

Please help! These files are using up far too much space on my tablet and slowing it down.  

Thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Syncing

New member | Level 2

Thnaks. I wasn't accessing throiugh the icon in the system tray. I didn't realize it was differnt than clicking on the tile in the start menu. Problem solved! I appreciate the response. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Super User II
Super User II
That option is only available with certain paying account types tdennis.

Have you checked you are on a Professional or higher plan?

The other option is to use Selective sync: https://www.dropbox.com/help/syncing-uploads/selective-sync-overview

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Super User II
Super User II
And if you are on Professional or higher check that its set up via https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/smart-sync

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 2

Thnaks. I wasn't accessing throiugh the icon in the system tray. I didn't realize it was differnt than clicking on the tile in the start menu. Problem solved! I appreciate the response. 

View solution in original post

Slagathor420
Explorer | Level 3

Hello! I am having this same issue, on a Surface Pro 3. When I download the desktop app it just gives me a thumbnail that opens the folder on my computer. There is no option for smart sync when I right-click them.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Slagathor420

If you don't see a Dropbox icon next to your computer's clock, could it be that you have tablet mode enabled on your device?

If you're still having trouble with this, could you clarify for me if you've downloaded the Dropbox app for Windows 10 in S mode and send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of what you're seeing?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?