cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sync with one of my PC with latest version

No sync with one of my PC with latest version

Jean-Yves S.
Helpful | Level 6

Hello,

since friday, on of my PCs does not sync with latest version of Dropbox. It shows me that sync is proceeding, shows me a huge number of files (all the files that have not been updated, and almost two days to proceed.

As I can see, I'm not the only one to have that issue. The problem is that today I'm in a mission, far from home, and I really need the sync of my files. So what can I do????

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Jean-Yves

13 Replies 13

Re: No sync with one of my PC with latest version

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @Jean-Yves S. I'd be more than happy to help out!

I'll just need a bit more info on this, such as:

• What your Dropbox icon shows when you hover over it on your system tray? 
  • Do you see any error messages? 

A screenshot (without any personal info) of the above and any other additional info would be very helpful. Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Jean-Yves S.
Helpful | Level 6

Hello Lusil,

I hopefully solved my issue by downloading my whole dropbox from the web on that PC, and rebuild it from the beginning. It took me many hours, but it now seems to work, I haven't seen since the everlast sync icon in the systray, and all my files are up to date.

BR

Jean-Yves

madsborking
Explorer | Level 3

I have the same problem. Latest version 85.4.155 works just fine on my Windows 10 laptop, but files won't sync to my Windows 7 PC. My drop box icon (in the system tray) shows a little gold bell. When I hover over it it gives me the version info up top, second line says uploading 58 files and bottom line says downloading 238 files. I get no error messages of any kind (not anymore), because i did what was refered to as "an advanced reinstallation" of dropbox last week: Uninstalled, restarted the system, removed several folders as instructed, restarted the system, reinstalled dropbox. Unfortunately, that did not fix the problem...

Please advise 😉Desktop Screenshot 2019.11.26 - 22.06.00.37.pngDesktop Screenshot 2019.11.26 - 22.06.00.37.png

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for keeping me in the loop, @Jean-Yves S.

If you don't see the Dropbox icon next to your computer's clock, it means that the desktop app isn't running and you'll have to manually relaunch it from your applications. 

Also, @madsborking, thanks for checking in with us about this.

If your desktop app is still showing to syncing content, could it be that a third party app, like a security app, hindering the syncing process? 

You can try temporarily disabling your antivirus and making sure that you've configured your firewall to work with Dropbox to see if that does the trick. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

madsborking
Explorer | Level 3

Unfortunately, I still have the problem. Dropbox tray icon show a little gold bell and won't sync. I have been unable to find reference to or images of this bell icon anywhere. Nearest match is mention of a yellow exclamtion mark, but I'm seeing a bell, not an exclamation mark. Really, it's a bell.

Also, disabling both AVG antivirus free (that I have been using forever, so no change there) and windows firewall entirely did nothing. Checked my windows firewall settings. Both DropBox and DropBox.exe is allowed access through windows firewall to both private and public domains. However, I do NOT see a listing for DropBoxUpdate.exe anywhere in the firewall settings...

Haven't checked specific ports yet, because I can't remember how to do it and kindda suspect that that's not the problem anyway - after all, I have changed no settings and dropbox used to work just fine...dropbox problem.png

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @madsborking

The golden bell generally means that you have a notification which you should be able to see by clicking on the Dropbox icon. 

As for the consistent syncing, I've sent you a ticket so that we can have a better look into this. 

When you have the chance, please check your inbox and we'll take it from there. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

madsborking
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lusil

Sorry I didn't get back on that ticket in time. It seems to be closed now. I still have the problem however.

The bell icon went away - it was, as you suggested, simply due to notifications that I had ti dismiss.

But dropbox system tray icon now show the syncing icon though it is frozen and not spining as it does when it works, and dropbox still won't sync...

Kind regards,

Mads

Lusil
Dropboxer

Welcome back, @madsborking!

No worries about the ticket, let's see what we can find. :slight_smile:

As a first step, could you send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of what the Dropbox icon shows when you click on it? 

Let me know of any updates!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

madsborking
Explorer | Level 3

Okay Lusil

Sorry for the wait. Still have the problem. Not exactly sure what you mean by "what the Dropbox icon shows when you click on it? ", so I've included screenshots of both just hovering the mouse over the icon, as well as some screenshots of the windows that pops up if I actually click the tray icon... (Well, I thought I did, but only the last file selected gets uploaded apparantly, and that happens to be the old screenshot I speak of in the comment below. I will have to 'answer' you request three more times I guess, to get all the screenshots uploaded...)

Desktop Screenshot 2019.11.26 - 22.06.00.37.png

In addition, I have included an older screenshot of hovering over the system tray dropbox icon, and comparing that the to the most recent screenshot it is clear that something has happened in the meantime. The version has been updated and some 'movement' have occured as to the number of files being up- and downloaded...

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    madsborking Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?