cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not all folders appear on VLC on iOS

Not all folders appear on VLC on iOS

earthpilgrim
New member | Level 2

I installed VLC onto my iPhone. It is the newest model and running the most current software. I enabled Dropbox integration because I house my media files on Dropbox. Many of my folders appear when searching for content, but not all of my folders appear, especially the ones containing my media. I checked the VLC forums and many people are having the same problem. No one seems to have an answer. I thought that I would check here to see if anyone knows what to do. I would love for this to work, but if it doesn't, I might have to move my cloud services to another provider. How do I make all of my folders appear in VLC on iOS?

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Hi @earthpilgrim, thanks for joining the Community!

Do any of the folders have incompatible characters in them?

Are they specific folders in a location, or randomly located?

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

YegorKumachov
New member | Level 2
I have the same issue. Only 4 random folders shown, when I linked my DB account to VLC player on iOS . I tried to clean app cache, reinstall it. Also the same issue on different iOS devices I’ve logged in.
What I figured out:
- all folders I can see in VLC is very old (created about 5-6 yeas ago or more)
- the problem appears after 2019 (can’t remember when exactly. but before this all worked perfect, all folders showed)
- when I renamed one of this folder on my PC, it’s suddenly disappears in VLC
Please let me know if any questions. I’m ready to help to solve this annoying issue. Thanks

BrendanPBaker
New member | Level 2

I have this exact issue. Numerous folders do not appear in VLC's dropbox integration. Logging out/in does not fix the problem. The folders that do show up appear to be older folders. Please help!

Rich
Super User II

@BrendanPBaker wrote:

I have this exact issue. Numerous folders do not appear in VLC's dropbox integration.

You'll likely need to contact VLC for support on this. They created this integration using the Dropbox API, so they're the only ones that will be able to support it. Dropbox can't provide support for third-party apps.

Need more support?