cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Drop Down Menu Error

Not showing any Dropbox options when right-clicking the folder in Explorer

pedro_schuller
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

When I right-click on a folder or file on my Dropbox the drop down menu is the same as  local folders (Desktop, etc.). Therefore, I can't, for example, toggle smart sync options or access previous versions of the files on my desktop.

I've already uninstalled dropbox and reinstalled to the latest version but the problem persists. I'm on Windows 10.

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hmm… :thinking: That’s very interesting & thanks a lot for the additional details here pedro_schuller, I appreciate your ongoing cooperation & I understand that you’d like hands-on assistance moving forward! 

I’d suggest continuing this discussion via email & for that reason I’ve made sure to create a Support Request on our system on your behalf, so as to focus on the issue in question based on the info I have on my tools for your account & move forward together. Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my email & I’ll make sure to promptly follow-up with you from where we’ve left off here. 

Thanks again & I’m wishing you a wonderful rest of the day ahead! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey pedro_schuller, thanks for posting on the Dropbox Community on this issue & welcome aboard! 

Let me ask you some questions to get a better insight into what’s happening & we’ll take it from there. 

As a first step (& because it’s my understanding that you’re experiencing a syncing issue), could you make sure that you’re running the latest stable version of the application on your desktop (48.4.58) & it’s syncing correctly on your system tray :arrows_counterclockwise:? It would also be useful to confirm that you’ve installed all latest Mac OS updates. 

Secondly, as you’ve mentioned that you’re missing the right-click functionality, I’d like to ask you if all other Dropbox-related icons appear on your files as expected (:arrows_counterclockwise:/ :white_check_mark:). 

Last but not least, I’d appreciate a screenshot (omitting personal info) in your next reply here, so as to make sure to send you the most appropriate next steps.

Once I have this info, I’d happily check back with you in more depth. Thanks again! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

pedro_schuller
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello Jane,

Thank you very much for your swift reply 🙂

Below are the items you requested. I'm afraid the drop down menu is in portuguese, but I think it might be easy to identify there are no Dropbox related items.

Thanks for your help!

versionversioniconsiconsdrop down menudrop down menu

pedro_schuller
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

On the meantime I installed the stable ( 48.4.58 ) version and the problem persists.

Cheers,
Pedro

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I appreciate your speedy reply with the screengrabs here pedro_schuller, they were very useful indeed, let me just follow-up a bit more closely below! 

If it’s not too much trouble for you, could you include a (slightly) expanded screenshot? Specifically, I’m interested in seeing the full path in your File Explorer (eg. should be similar to: C:\Users\Dropbox). Can you also clarify if this affects all files & folders or only some? 

Thanks again & I’l be awaiting your next message! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

pedro_schuller
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Jane,

Indeed it affects all my files and folders. I should let you know I have a Dropbox Business plan and my colleagues are not experiencing this problem.

Here is a path of a random folder:

pathpath

Thank you,

Pedro

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hmm… :thinking: That’s very interesting & thanks a lot for the additional details here pedro_schuller, I appreciate your ongoing cooperation & I understand that you’d like hands-on assistance moving forward! 

I’d suggest continuing this discussion via email & for that reason I’ve made sure to create a Support Request on our system on your behalf, so as to focus on the issue in question based on the info I have on my tools for your account & move forward together. Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my email & I’ll make sure to promptly follow-up with you from where we’ve left off here. 

Thanks again & I’m wishing you a wonderful rest of the day ahead! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

MAWpg
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem. Is there a solution? This is very frustrating.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there (@MAWpg), apologies for the slight delay on my end. Are you still facing this issue? Please do let me know here & I’ll do my best to check back with you asap! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

lod_ashtaroth
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Likewise

Need more support?