cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not syncing correctly

Not syncing correctly

JohnnyCarbon
Explorer | Level 3

Hi

I have a 2TB account. I joined yesterday and I'm on a Mac. So I placed all my work in progress in the Dropbox folder in my Finder. All works perfectly although there are a lot of folders and files. However, my colleague on another Mac remote from me, signed in as me on the same account, can see everything, and Dropbox is saying that everything has been copied. However, if he tries to open a PDF to read it says "Error can't be found". If he tries to copy a file to his finder he gets an error "-36".

So two questions:

(1) Is their a permissions thing I've not turned on even though it is the one account being used?

(2) Is there a chance I could lose all my valuable work by working inside the Dropbox folder on my Mac rather than in my normal Mac documents folder? Am I taking a big risk?

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Re: Not syncing correctly

Lori
Dropboxer
Hi @JohnnyCarbon, thanks for posting today! 

It seems you have enabled our Computer backup feature.

In regards to all the risks, and info on this feature, I'd suggest you take a look into this Help Center article to get to know all about it. 

As for your colleague, can you send me some screenshots of the errors he receives, so I can have a clear visual? 

Thank you, and if you have any questions, I'm here!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?