cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications will not stay off

Notifications will not stay off

TRD
New member | Level 2

Notifications will not stay turned off.  I have unclicked these darn things 10x and they will not stay off at all.  So what's to be done.  Here are two screenshots: Step one, turn them offStep one, turn them offClose the tray icon and they're back onClose the tray icon and they're back on 

And finally, here's my OS

System info.png

This is driving me crazy!!

Tom

3 Replies 3

Re: Notifications will not stay off

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi Tom; welcome to the Community!

I guess you've confirmed the changes upon changing your desktop app's preferences to not receive notifications; right? 

As I'd really like to help out with this (I had a similar issue with several apps when I first bought my Windows 10 device), can you first forward me a screenshot of the notifications you're referring to?

I think these might be generated by your computer's OS and not by our desktop app since they persist even when you un-check them within the app's preferences, that's why I'm asking for this piece of information. 

Thanks so much @TRD

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

TRD
New member | Level 2
Thank you for your note.  My reply didn't make it back to the Dropbox community...with the message 
There was a temporary problem delivering your message 
From Gmail.
Yes, after unchecking notifications in Dropbox preferences...as soon as I close the tray icon and open it again, the notification boxes are all rechecked.  They do not stay unchecked at all.  

Good suggestion though to check Windows Notifications, I have now set them to disallow Dropbox from sending notifications though I would prefer to the more granular preferences in the icon.  Perhaps it will be fixed at some point so I'll check back occasionally.
Tom

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information Tom. How are you today?

As this shouldn't be happening, could you give a reinstall a go and let me know if you're still seeing this behavior? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?