cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS X Big Sur user name change causes reinstallation failure

OS X Big Sur user name change causes reinstallation failure

rls100
Explorer | Level 3

I have been using Dropbox for years.  I recently upgraded to OS X Big Sur.  After the install, I had to change my user name from rshane2 to richimac.  This step changed the name of my home folder as well.  After this action, Dropbox will not reinstall.  I have read the two other posts on this matter, but solutions presented in each do not solve my problem.  I am attaching screenshots of the dialog box, error message and a text file presented to me in the error message.  As you can see in that text file, Dropbox still thinks I have my old user name.  I do not know what to do to fix this problem.  I would be grateful for advice.  Thank you.  Rich

Dialog box.pngError message.pngText file.png

3 Replies 3

Re: OS X Big Sur user name change causes reinstallation failure

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @rls100,

Take a look here. 😉 Looks pretty same.

Hope this helps.

rls100
Explorer | Level 3

Hi 

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @rls100,

Let me doubt that you have followed exactly everything if the error message you have posted in OP is received after that. If you have tried it after that (i.e. posted log is a obsolete one), post the actual error log.

If you still can't achieve anything, post exactly what you typed in the terminal and the result, if any, exactly as appear there.

One more thing, hope you have stopped Dropbox application in advance and start it anew after that!

Be careful.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Super Collaborator | Level 20
    rls100 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?