cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh hello. Sorry for this little hiccup.

Oh hello. Sorry for this little hiccup.

Mark 355
Explorer | Level 4

I keep getting this error message:  Oh hello. Sorry for this little hiccup.  I have reinstalled Dropbox, deleted the cache, and made sure the browser is up to date, (Chrome).  I'm using Windows 10 Pro, and never got this message until a couple of weeks ago.  I can still upload and share files, but I have to do that on my phone app or by selecting the Dropbox icon in the tray.  It appears to load and then get a small message ad the bottom of the screen that says:  waiting for bolt.dropbox.com  It appears to try to load a couple of times then stops.  Any help would be appreciated.

6 Replies 6

Re: Oh hello. Sorry for this little hiccup.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @Mark 355, I hope you're well!

Can you just clarify for me what actions you're taking when you get this error? 

Do you get the same error when using an incognito window, or even another web browser?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Mark 355
Explorer | Level 4

Sorry, yes, same result in an Incognito window.

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

@Mark 355 wrote:

...  It appears to load and then get a small message ad the bottom of the screen that says:  waiting for bolt.dropbox.com  It appears to try to load a couple of times then stops.  ...

Hi @Mark 355,

What's the result from following commands (executed in terminal):

ping bolt.dropbox.com
tracert bolt.dropbox.com

Let see, is there some dispatching issue. 🤔

Mark 355
Explorer | Level 4

I assumed you wanted me to run in the command window.  I did, the "ping bolt.dropbox.com" ran through the sequence, then closed.  The "tracert bolt.dropbox.com" ran for a while then timed out.  I can't figure out how to copy and paste the results.  Hope this helps.

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Oh... I have no idea how to describe copy/paste. 🤔

@Mark 355 wrote:

... .  The "tracert bolt.dropbox.com" ran for a while then timed out. ...

Doesn't sound very well. If it's really timeout, seems you have some ISP-related issue.

Mark 355
Explorer | Level 4

I just installed the stand-alone DropBox app on this PC and I can access everything from that.  I had been using the app through the web browser.  As long as the app works it's all good.  Thanks for everyone's help. 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark 355 Explorer | Level 4
    Здравко Super Collaborator | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?