cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old email

Old email

BW89
New member | Level 2

my old Dropbox account was an old work email that I no longer have access to since I retired. I checked with my old employer and the entire account was closed. I can't access my old Dropbox which contains information I need. I remember the old email address and password from my original Dropbox account. I recently lost my phone which brought this to my attention. Trying to retrieve information in my old account

3 Replies 3

Re: Old email

Rich
Super User II

@BW89 wrote:
my old Dropbox account was an old work email that I no longer have access to ... I remember the old email address and password from my original Dropbox account.

If you still remember the email address and password, you should be able to use them to sign in, assuming your password hasn't expired. If the password is incorrect or expired, you won't be able to sign without access to the old email address. Perhaps your employer could temporarily recreate the email address and forward you the reset information.

BW89
New member | Level 2
they can't reactivate the email but I will try. Chances are the password has expired as it's been years. Thank you

Rich
Super User II

@BW89 wrote:
Chances are the password has expired as it's been years. Thank you

If it's been years since you last used the account, it was likely deleted due to inactivity. Accounts that are idle for more than a year are subject to deletion.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?